Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cleaning Up My Act



After looking at pictures of Audrey Hepburn's effortless style in the 50's, I realized today that I do not own one pair of flats! I always thought flats were so awkward, especially going to school in Boston there just never seemed to be "perfect flat weather." I used to overthink so much about when would be the perfect time to wear them that I just ended up never wearing them at all. But, the new year has given me a new outlook. There is never going to be a literal "perfect time" to wear something. The right time comes with confidence, and if you are confident then every time you wear an outfit will be the perfect time. I will no longer worry about what people are going to think about an outfit, and just wear it because it makes me happy. Fashion, after all, is an expression of self. So one of the first things I am going to do this year is buy a super cute pair of flats (those Chanel ones are amazing)and wear them whenever I want. Hope everyone had a great new years eve and happy new year to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment